01 March 2013

My Heroes

When I was young, my hero was Mozart, followed by Elvis and then Pavarotti. When I was 14, John Lennon became my hero followed by Ozzy and then John Bonham. Once my faith became more mature, my hero became Karol Wojtyła who was later joined by Dietrich von Hildebrand.

In the last couple of months, my heroes have changed again. They are now the people that shovel my drive way and drive me to the cancer clinic. It's much nicer to have heroes that I personally know; although, I've sometimes felt like I personally knew Karol Wojtyła.

Of course, my main hero throughout my life has been Jesus Christ; even though I didn't really personally know Him for much of my life, or didn't really acknowledge that I did, aside from the very beginning and recently. The more recent, the more personal knowledge.

“Fiat mihi secundum verbum tuum.”

“Quodcumque dixerit vobis, facite.”