24 June 2014

My Clement Mother

My Mother has shown such clemency towards me. My Mother loves me. My Mother is so sweet.


My Mother beheld me as I tied Her Son to the pillar, made bare His back, and tore deep furrows in His Flesh.

My Mother beheld me as I mocked Her Son with a crown of thorns, arrayed Him in a garment of purple, and struck Him with blows.

My Mother beheld me as I placed the beam on Her Son’s shoulder and made Him walk. She beheld me as I drove nails into His hands and into His feet. She beheld me as I raised Him up and as I waited for Him to die.

My Mother beheld me as I divided Her Son’s garments, cast lots for His tunic, and took as mine, this seamless covering She had made for Her Son.

My Mother beheld me as Her Son gave me to Her. I beheld my Mother as Her Son gave Her to me. And, from that hour, I took Her into my own.

My Mother has shown such clemency towards me. My Mother loves me. My Mother is so sweet.